Monday, February 14, 2011

Mommy's Little Schoolhouse

Because teaching's in my blood, I sometimes get overly excited about it.  My mom loves to tell the story of my sister Megan pleading, "Please make her stop.  I don't want to learn anymore!" when we were kids and I always wanted to play school (and be the teacher).  Well, now it's Luke's turn.  Haha!  This winter we've had what seems like more snow than ever in North Texas.  We've really been able to use the snow as a learning tool.  Here are some pictures from a recent "school day".


Yep, it's snow.  We did the obligatory play-in-the-snow time on a prior snow day, so this time we decided to keep things a little cleaner and put some snow in a bowl.  It really was a very scientific experiment for Luke.  He got to use his senses and really see what happens when water gets too cold, and when it melts later on. 


And here's art class.  Luke really enjoyed playing with the cotton balls that we used for snow.  Yep, he got to eat a little glue and cotton.  Yumm...


When it is time to read, Luke seems to take after his daddy.  He's up and running away before I can turn the pages.  I have to remind myself to make reading fun for Luke, even though I feel it should be as second nature as breathing.  We keep working at it, however, and I know he'll come around.

Thanks for stopping by our little classroom!  May the learning continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment