Thursday, February 24, 2011

Luke's 15-Month Checkup

Luke had his 15-month checkup with the doctor on Tuesday, and I thought I'd post his stats...

He is still tall (Dr. F. says "Like his dad.") at 32".  He is still at the 75th percentile, which is the lowest he's gone on height.  He weighs in at a whopping (NOT!) 22.6 lbs., which puts him in the 20th percentile for weight.  Personally, I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be in the 75th percentile for height and the 20th percentile for weight.  :)

The good news is Luke is starting to grow into his head!  In case you want to buy him a hat, he's measuring at 18 3/4", which is the 75th percentile.  At his one-year appointment Luke was weighing in at the 15th percentile, with a head measurement in the 95th percentile.  Whoah!  We never thought of him as having a big head, and I'm glad it didn't look awkward on him.  When I heard that report I began to fluff up my peacock feathers in pride--I mean, what big brains in that big head!!!, right?--until the doctor told me it's not so much the size, it's what you do with it.  Still, our little Luke didn't disappoint, and he's made all those hours I've spent training in gifted education for my doctorate feel a little more worth it--you know, just in case.  Hehe!

Luke is slowly growing into 18-month pants.  We're still looking for a clothing brand that loves tall, skinny tots.  And it got warmer here, so we're anxiously looking for sales on 18-month short sleeve tops to fit his tall frame. 


It is appears that absolutely no cabinet is safe from Luke's ravenous paws.


P.S.  Not to jinx Luke's spot in the elementary school gifted and talented program (ha!), I thought I'd share this pic I snapped at the store after we left the pediatrician's office.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment