Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Best Cookies. Ever!










Once upon a time (like, three months ago), I had no confidence in my baking abiliites.  Zero.  Then I Googled "Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies" (Aim high, right?!) and found this most amazing recipe:  http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/best-big-fat-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie/Detail.aspx.  I was intrigued.  Then I saw that over 69,000 people had saved the recipe.  SOLD!  What could I possibly lose?  I hadn't had success baking any cookies, so these couldn't disappoint.  I started reading through the 4700+ reviews, and here's my own version.


First, let me give all of the credit to ElizabethBH and allrecipes.com.

Okay, if you want to raise your own baking self esteem, send these million-dollar morsels with your husband to work one day and see what happens.  :)

I'm not familiar with all the rules of recipe ownership, but I call mine...

Brandis Big, Fat, Chewy, Chunky-Chip Cookies

• 4 c flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1-1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
• 2 c packed brown sugar
• 1 c white sugar
• 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 2 eggs, room temp
• 2 egg yolks, room temp
• 4 ½ c assorted chips (butterscotch, peanut butter, white choc, milk choc, etc.)

  1. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
  2. Cream together the melted butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chips by hand.
  3. Cover and chill dough in fridge for several hours or overnight (or a couple of nights if you're busy!).
  4. Preheat oven to 325°. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  5. Generously fill large ice cream scooper with dough and drop 3” apart on lined cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges are very lightly toasted.
  7. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to wax paper to cool completely.
 Makes 18 cookies.

Let me know if you make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment