Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ten Years? Really?!?

Confession:  Jeff and I "lived in sin" before we got married.  My mom still doesn't want to talk about it (Haha!).  But I'm glad we did, because I think it really helped us know what we were getting into with our marriage.  We've been married for 7.5 years now, but we lived together for about 2.5 years prior to that. (I know...Gasp!)

So what's the big deal?  Well, ten years ago today(!!!), Jeff and I moved "in" together.  And "in" was in Burlington, MA (Which we always refer to as "Boston," just as we refer to our current town as "Dallas").  Even bigger deal:  We had only known each other for 4.5 months--and only dated for 3 months--when we left all our friends and family in Texas and headed to New England.  We vowed we'd never tell our children.  But I guess when you know, you just know. 

We didn't stay in Boston for very long, for a variety of reasons, but I must say I'm very happy to have shared a home with the love of my life for a whole decade. 

So I went to dig up some pictures (for fun), and I realized we've lived together longer than digital cameras have been popular.  Haha!  Here is a baby pic that we had taken on our way there:


So happy "anniversary," Jeff.  Thanks for all the love and laughter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment