Monday, March 28, 2011

Today's Surprise!

Luke and I were playing in the living room earlier this evening, when he disappeared into our bedroom.  I didn't think anything of it, because he has free range of the house.  Then I heard the toilet flush.  Two things entered my mind:  1) He could be filling the toilet with TP, and I would soon walk in to find an overflowing mess, or 2) He could just be practicing flushing, since I had recently made him flush his cheese snacks after he dropped them on the floor (Even though I...uh hum...just mopped the floor very, very thoroughly last night.). 

What happened next caught me off guard.  He ran back into the living room, and I said, "Did you just flush the toilet?!?" To which he replied, "Pee pee."  I hadn't heard him utter the word with such gusto before, so I followed him into the bathroom.  (And I knew it was safe, because he was wearing a diaper, and he can't get up onto his training seat by himself.)

Seizing the moment, I instantaneously tossed the training seat on the toilet seat and ripped off his pants and diapers.  Of course, not much happened right away, but I was a bit hopeful, since he had taken the initiative. 

He sat there playing with toilet paper, until I took it away.  I went to turn on the bathtub and hide the TP, and when I turned around I saw the door shut to the tiny room with the potty.  I opened the door, and, sure enough, there was a little bit of wetness on the seat.  I figured he had just stuck his hand down in the toilet. 

Apparently I was wrong!  He seemed very excited, and, when I got him down and moved the seat there was, indeed, a yellowish tint to the water.  We both jumped up and down and shared supreme excitement for the next few minutes. 

So that's how it happened.  Way to go Luke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment