Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Latest Addiction: A Retrospective

I found this one in my drafts from last year, updated it a bit, and thought I'd publish it.



While I'm still awake I decided to make a confession.  I've become addicted to getting Luke's photos taken at the mall. 

My friend Andrea suggested early on that I make the effort to have a professional photo taken of Luke every month on his birthday.  She said it wore her out, but she was glad she did it.  So, we decided to start on Luke's first official month--December.  Fortunately, Jeff was able to accompany us to JCPenney. 


Luke's second-month pictures are a little bittersweet for me.  My mom took Luke for his pictures while she stayed with him while I went back to work.  While there's the sweetness of Luke's Mimi taking him for his pictures, there's the horrible memory I have of going back to work with postpartum depression and the feeling that I had to relinquish a very motherly rite of passage.

Luke's third-month pictures took us through Luke's hair loss and regrowth.  Luke was born with so much hair, and we were sad to see him lose it and wait to get it back.  The poor little guy looked like such a middle-aged man with his comb-over.  :)

By the fourth month, however, I began a new trend.  Every few months Luke would have his portrait made with a black background while he wore a white shirt and denim.  So simple and classy!  And, what's even better, as time has progressed we have a great line of coordinating portraits.


Luke at 4 months old ~March 20, 2010
 
Luke at 7 months old ~June 20, 2010

Luke around 8 months ~July 20, 2010

Luke at 12 months old ~November 20, 2010

My enthusiasm for seeing Luke's face encased in wood and glass around our house skyrocketed recently, when I received a Super Saver card from Sears.  Almost as cool as the license to drive (well, not quite THAT cool!) I got at age 16, the SS card gives me the privilege of getting one free 8x10 per day, if I want it.  And so far I've wanted it!  Today was our third day in a row to travel to Sears!  I should probably be embarrassed, but  I figure I'm now just part of the club of overzealous moms.  I'm sure I'm not alone.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and became a follower! :) Your little boy is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete