Thursday, May 26, 2011

God's Easter Eggs

Finally, before we completely leave this Easter season I want to take a second to post a pic of my absolute favorite "Easter" eggs... 

They're not all the plastic candy- or toy-filled eggs that made their way through all the egg hunts.  Even though those were fun to play with!

They are a product directly from God, necessarily without the hand of man, and they are spectacular.

Check 'em out! 




So what's the story?
We were standing in Jeff's parents' driveway when a friend of theirs drove up to ask how many eggs they wanted.  Her chickens had made them, and she had so many she had to get rid of them.  Now, for all my friends from the country, this is absolutely no big deal.  But for me, the city girl who has never been close enough to a chicken to touch it, this whole thing just fascinated me.  

So we got our eightteen eggs, brought them home, and used every last one of them (mostly in my favorite cookie recipe!).  I'm not sure they tasted better (I don't eat eggs unless they're buried in something else), and I'm actually quite partial to the "designer" eggs (Eggland's Best, mostly because I smile when I see the cute little "EB" they print on their eggs.) that I buy at the store.  However, there's something so good for the soul about things that haven't been through a million processes before they get to my table. 

I think this is Easter as our God would have it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment