Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Luke @ 18 Months

Luke had his eighteen month appointment with the pediatrician last week, and before we leave May I want to make sure I post an update...

Luke weighed in at 24.2 lb, placing him in the 25th percentile for weight.  We're just excited that he weighs more than his girlfriend Sarah.  Hehe!  And again, please just let me say that I would absolutely love to be in the 25th percentile for my weight. :)

Luke's height is now 34.5 inches, which places him in the 95th percentile for height.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the height is all from Jeff.  Haha!  I'm very excited that he's just 1.5 inches away from more rides at Six Flags!

Oh, and for those of you concerned about Luke's head...we're now up to the 97th percentile (19.75", if you want to buy him a hat!).  Really, his head doesn't look that big!  I promise! 

Luke remains a very curious boy.  Last week I was two seconds away from the camera when he scaled the refrigerator shelves to get something from the top shelf.  And a few minutes later I was also two seconds from the camera when I looked up to see him standing on top of the Step 2 play treehouse roof.  Also last week within five minutes I watched him figure out how to open the childproof cabinet, reach in, grab my hot iron, and  successfully plug it in to an outlet.  I wouldn't say "Danger" is his middle name; he just really wants to do everything the grown ups are doing.  He has become quite a big helper, too.  :)

Luke is also talking up a storm!  He will attempt pretty much any word we ask him to say.  Here are some of the words he says without prompting (sign language accompanies the words with an *):  shoe, please* car, puppy, Mama, Daddy (Dah), woof, milk, juice, cheese, Mimi, Papa, Grandpa (Pa), Nanny (Na), Megan (May), peepee, tractor (tra), choochoo, mine (me), more*, up, down, bunny (buh), hohoho, no, yeah, uhoh, Barney (Bah), Elmo (El), awww, spoon, bad, book, gogogo!, beepbeep, light (li), diaper (di), water (wa), moo, Benjamin (Beh), Beau (Buh), Kevin (Keh), Sarah (Seh)... 

It goes without saying (But...I'm the mommy, so I can say it anyway!), but Luke continues to bring us so much joy and love.  We are so excited to get to watch him grow up!  Awww.  :)

Oh, and here are some pics from the doctor's visit...







1 comment: