Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vacation Blues, Revisited

I was on the UNT campus this morning, and apparently it's been a WHILE, because the old building they were tearing down the last time I was there--the one whose demise I lamented because the 10 or so metered parking spots right across the street from the education building were going with it--has been replaced with a beautiful parking garage (Who says windows don't open when doors shut!?). 

The campus was looking as lovely as ever, but I wasn't even there for academic purposes.  I was there to pick up a Little Tikes toy for Luke that I was buying from another mother on Craigslist, while Luke was at MDO.  (That realization made me feel just awful, because, as I'm sure you all know, I'm still smack-dab in the middle of my doctoral degree program.)

While I drove around campus alone, and then followed up that with a shopping trip at a nearby outlet store, I found myself feeling a bit like an undergrad.  It was the middle of the day, and I didn't have any responsibilities (I never said I made that good of an undergraduate student...).  It was delightful.

And now, the question...

Do I turn this post (on this long-forgotten blog) into a dissertation update (of which there's nothing to update), or do I take a turn to splurge a moment on the joys of being a SAHM and the fact that there's no rest for the weary?  (It's the last day of MDO, and I'm tired just thinking about the summer!)

Let's just say life is absolutely wonderful.  There are things I could complain about, but there are many more things to be thankful for. 

I hope life is wonderful for you, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment