Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pottying Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Luke is a few days shy of being 14 months old.  I know potty training is still months (maybe even years, since he's a boy??) away, but I can't help thinking the process is beginning to unfold before us.

First, I was delighted when Luke started to march into his room and stand at his changing table when I would smell something and say, "Do you have poopy?"

Then, I clapped and giggled with glee when Luke began to take off his own diaper and throw it in the trash before bathtime.

The one day when I saw Luke march into his bedroom before I even smelled something funny I was amazed.

And my mom and I both have noticed Luke playing quietly in the corner when he's doing "his business." 

So I know he knows what he's doing.  We've purchased the stand-alone potty chair (which Luke has promptly ripped apart) and the seat topper (which he finds as his ticket to play with the toilet paper), but I don't think I am ready for it all to happen yet.  It is so nice to change his pee-pee diapers at convenient times.  And it is so nice to not have to wash tons of pants right now.  And I'm enjoying my Pampers rewards points.  And, of course, there's that whole thing about my baby boy growing up...  (sniffle!)

Luke on his way to the trash can with his diaper. 
(blurry because I had to hurry and snap it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment