Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maternityland

I read somewhere that the pregnancy experience is, in some ways, meant to make the mother-to-be aware of some of the new feelings her newborn is likely to experience. I thought that was a little extreme. That is, until I started to experience my own pregnancy "side effects." Now that I think about it, it's probably true. Here's what I mean.



  • Sleeping 8 full hours is going to have to wait a while. I got pregnant, and suddenly I'm sleeping for 2 hour stretches at a time.
  • Eating a little bit every two hours really is the way to go. No matter how excited I get about a big, delicious meal, I take a few bites and I'm out of room.
  • An attention span also takes time to develop. Reading past chapter 3? Forget it!
  • Crying is easy. I do it everyday, it seems. When things don't go my way, usually. Sometimes when I'm hungry. (But also when I watch Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, so I'm not completely sure about that theory.)
  • Clothes should come in three-month sizes, since that's as long as it takes to grow out of them.
  • Other people have to do the big jobs. I'm not sure if this one is really necessary, but I find myself trying to get poor Jeff to do all kinds of things for me. Fortunately, he's both an amazing husband and a good sport.
  • Drinking milk is usually a forerunner for spitting up. I'm not even going to talk about it.
  • All babies want their mommies. And this must be true for pregnant girls, too. I get so excited when my mom calls, and I miss her more than I usually do. Mo-mmyyyyy!!!
I wonder which ones I'm forgetting. I also wonder if anyone can add to the list. Let me know!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for posting a belly pic! my lil' nephew is getting so big... love it! and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny!!! I love the pic.

    ReplyDelete